Wednesday, January 25, 2012

You make beautiful things....

Tonight, I am sitting here listening to Gungors Beautiful Things. (if you've never heard it..you should)

I've also been staring at my little space that I specifically made for making art and clearing my mind. Geez that hasn't happened at all. There are papers and cut outs pinned to the wall. A dirty bowl that once had oatmeal in it a few days ago....thrown there on my way out the door to work. Papers piled, random rocks from a hike a couple weeks ago, watercolors, and a half full glass of water.

I haven't really looked until now... I've been so engrossed in the newsletter from work.. and then thinking of what to do next in my personal work, well thats just down right frustrating at the moment. I have lots of half done projects...some that are not started but need to be.

Instead...I am listening to how my God makes me new. Everyday He is making beautiful things out of dust and beautiful things out of us.

That is calming and inspiring to think about.

Have a great night, sleep well

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment