Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Holidays

Good day!

It's been cold and beautiful and I have really enjoyed being at home. Although it is extremely boring at times, I have found a spot in the living room with my 9 year old sister watching Christmas movies and painting/ working on things for the big last semester.

I went to the Ritz civic center to ask about exhibiting there after graduation and walked out with a date for a show in my own town. Pretty crazy. I'm excited about it though. It will be November 2011 and there is even an opening reception on the 5th of November just for me.

Monday I ran into one of my friends from high school. She is pregnant and so precious! She is having a girl and her gift from me is my first sewing project :) I'm making her a bird mobile. It was absolutely wonderful to see her. I haven't seen her since May! Anyways she is having her baby on Monday. I'm so happy for her!


Monday evening I intended to do some night photography. 

My secret: As much as Blytheville is boring and really a lot of the time I think there is nothing that could interest me here. I love Blytheville in the holidays. Main Str. is wonderful and lit up and run down places that I would never stop intrigue me with their half done Christmas decorations in the windows. 

However, I somehow managed to make it 4 hours down the road with my tripod and without the key piece to connecting the camera to the tripod. ha silly me. I go one picture from the light and thought it was worth sharing. 
I did go exploring on my way back from Jonesboro and loved every moment. I met some interesting people and ventured out to a few places I have never been and of course the film camera came with me :) The pictures haven't been developed and probably won't until next week. I'll be sure to share my finding with you soon.

This last picture makes me laugh and I really I personally love it. Hope you enjoy!

xoxo,
Micah

No comments:

Post a Comment