Wednesday, December 1, 2010

12.1.2010

Vintage this, Vintage that. Old things, New things.

I am deeply inspired by patterns and mostly patterns created originally in there time period. Things found in the attic that haven't been touch in a long time. They have been forgotten, and yet it's so new to me. I love searching through my grandmothers house in search of things and through my mother's jewelry box to find what has been handed down to her. I think that taking these things and putting them in new settings that they haven't been in a long time or they wouldn't normally be put there is something I am inspired to search.

I find a lot of inspiration from Kenda North. Yes I know I talk about her a lot. Her newest body of work showcases a dining table. She was inspired when moving a lot of her mothers things.

This picture was taken on the same day as my post "Rachael".



35 mm film. 30 x 42 1/2 inches


xoxo, 
Micah

No comments:

Post a Comment