Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What a Day!

Oh Good Noon to you!

It's been such a crazy last few weeks. It's almost time for Thanksgiving and I'm very excited about it.

Last night I printed my first mural! It's huge and awesome! However I do not have a picture :(

Here lately I have been really considering my Thesis for next semester. I have so much to do to finish out my research for it this semester. The Palmer Home for Children is my concentration for thesis work. I will be creating a documentary. Right now however my mind has been spinning to incorporate some mixed media with the pictures veering away from the traditional documentary photography. I really think it could be just as much of a documentary as I incorporate work from the children with my photographs. I wish I could share my pictures with you but I'm am not allowed for the sake of privacy for the children and those who live there and take care of the children. They have been wonderful and its been such a blessing to work with them.

I have been searching for artists inspirations. If you have any suggestions let me know, I would love to hear :)

Right now one of my inspirations is Judith Henry. I am really drawn to her "where I am now" series. It is photography collaged together with elements of tape and ink. Although I would not want to right over the tops of these pictures. I find them inspiring.

Anyways I really need to go work on getting these images printed.

I hope you all have a blessed day!
xoxo,
Micah

No comments:

Post a Comment