Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Day of Exploration

Goodevening,

I hope your Saturday was wonderful. My mother is visiting this weekend and it has been a much needed visit. If I can't go home then why can't a piece of home come to me? Well for my mother, that question is answered with haste and her before I know it.

This past week was an emotional roller coaster with school and the whole last semester of college thing.  God has shown me so much through just this week. Some of what I keep hearing from him, "Cast ALL your cares to Him", "Trust me, Lean on me." 
I'm so lucky to have family and friends that are here to encourage me.

Today, my mother and I took a trip to the Waverly Mansion in West Point, MS. It was a charming place, full of history, and the lady giving the tours was very sweet. I couldn't help but imagine what the place was like more than a 100 years ago. 40 servants and winding stairs. How crazy considering the house does not even seem big enough to have that many. I sure wish I could have gotten pictures inside but cameras were only allowed on the outside.







xoxo,
Micah

No comments:

Post a Comment