Sunday, March 20, 2011

In the events of abandonment there is beauty

As a child, my family and I would piled into the car and go to Jonesboro for a day of shopping. Along the way we would pass as old home that sat in the middle of a field away from the highway. I remember thinking how beautiful it was and I would imagine what it would be like to live in such a beautiful old house in the forties and fifties. (I believe this to be where my love for antebellum and historical homes, in general, began to bloom.) Over the years, we drove by and I always looked to see if anything was different. Then, almost as if it had happened over night, I realized how old and run down it looked. I believe I just got older and more observant and it wasn't the fancy house I believed it to be, however, I was wrong.

This is the Stacy House.
It really had been a spectacular place in its prime.
In the events of abandonment, there is beauty.

Special thank you to Mr. and Mrs. Blankenship for allowing me to enter and photograph this wonderful place.
















XoXo,
Micah

2 comments: